With the festivities of Navratri coming to an end, it is time to celebrate Vijayadasami or Dussehra. This is a festival that signifies the triumph of good over evil. No matter the reason for the celebration, Dussehra symbolises the end of tyranny and the beginning of a peaceful and prosperous era.
In this day and age, there may be no evil kings or buffalo demons to conquer. Instead, these “evils” have been replaced with personal and societal pitfalls. The most concerning, yet easy to overcome personal difficulty today is ill health. Chronic diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, heart disease, cancer, etc., have become widespread, and the number of people falling prey to these conditions is rising every year.
Chronic diseases are complex and insidious, in that they affect all aspects of your health and also damage your mental and emotional well-being.
How Chronic Diseases Can Take a Toll on Your Health
1. Frequent doctor’s visits and tests are exhausting, time-consuming and expensive
When you have a chronic condition, regular checkups and lab tests become a necessary part of your life. However, most people find it difficult to slip in health appointments in their busy schedules, which can lead to complications.
2. Coordinating your diet and fitness with medical advice can be hard
A healthy diet and regular exercise are crucial for combating any chronic condition. It can be hard to form a disease management plan when you are bombarded with conflicting information from multiple sources like doctors, nutritionists and fitness experts.
3. Living with a chronic condition requires you to make many sacrifices
Be it waking up early in the morning to work out, giving up your favourite foods, or restricting what you can and can’t do on a daily basis, living with a chronic condition can mean avoiding things that previously brought you joy.
4. Chronic diseases lead to a host of other health issues
In most people with diabetes or high blood pressure, these conditions often become the stepping stones to other critical illnesses like heart disease, stroke, nerve damage, kidney damage, loss of vision, etc., which can severely affect your lifespan and quality of life.
5. It can take a toll on your mental and emotional well-being
The stress of watching what you eat, trying to fit exercise and health checkups into your schedule while juggling your personal, professional and social life can be tiring, both physically and mentally.
Is There a Way to Win Over These Problems?
Yes! Phable’s Care 360 program offers you the medical, nutritional and fitness tools and advice you need to win over your chronic ailment and take charge of your health.
Our carefully made personalised health program will help you form sustainable habits that stick under expert guidance. Through the program, you will get:
- Daily check-ins with a health coach to cheerlead you through your wellness journey.
- Regular check-ups with doctors and specialists for expert advice.
- Comprehensive tests and checkups that give you a complete picture of your health.
- Diet plans crafted by nutritionists, according to your preferences.
- Fitness & yoga sessions that focus on your overall well-being.
- Expert insights on diet, exercise & more to help reach your health goals.
- Timely reviews with experts to track your progress.
- Exclusive discounts on medicines, lab tests, devices & more.
So this Dussehra, take the first step towards conquering your chronic condition, and let Phable help you on your journey to better health.